After quite a while resting on my more or less laurels (past listings) it's time to get a move on and put up some more listings. My goal is five books every day from now on. This should be achievable, but not according to my past performance.
These books get listed in three places: on Amazon, Biblio, and Half. Books without ISBNs (older books) generally will not be listed on half. My prices might vary between these three places. Amazon and Half tell me competing prices, so I peg mine on them. Thus, if the lowest price for Deadly Percheron is $98 on Amazon, I might peg mine at $95. If it weren't my only copy maybe I'd be more reasonable. In fact, I think my Biblio listing is more reasonable.
Going forward (and possibly backward), links to titles of books will send you to the main Amazon listing. My listing will be somewhere amidst the other maybe 237 listings. This is where my photo of the book can be seen, which will probably be a better one than the one Amazon features. Half doesn't let me attach my own photo—at least I don't think it does. Photos are also at biblio. Lots of older listings still don't have photos. Nor updated prices.
I've been lousy at selling direct via email. Sorry about that, if you've tried me. Listing through the major portals keeps me honest—also prompt and reliable.
Monday, January 12, 2004
---Heard from Flesh & Blood Press, which I don’t yet carry:
I'm writing on behalf of Flesh & Blood Press. Do we currently supply your bookstore with our stock (books and the award-winning, FLESH & BLOOD magazine)? If not, feel free to peruse our website listed below.
Flesh & Blood
2002 Bram Stoker Award Nominee
Winner of the 2001 Writer's Digest "Zine Publishing Competition"
Winner of the 2000 Jobs in Hell "Best Genre Fiction Magazine of the Year Award"
Join the F&B Mailing List: firstname.lastname@example.org”
---Also heard from Night Shade:
Exciting news all around today, including great news for all Wellman fans!
Night Shade is kicking off a series reprinting Manly's pulp novels. The first two are due out in August, Giants from Eternity and Strangers on the Heights. $25 apiece for the trade editions, and there will be a 150 copy limited edition that will be a slipcased set of both books, bound in leather and with a matching ribbon bookmark, as well as additional art signed by the artist.
Also in August, we'll be releasing a new novel from Lucius Shepard, Viator. It's going to be good good stuff, as per usual from Lucius.
In May, look for a trade hardcover edition of Bubba Ho-Tep, by Joe R. Lansdale and Don Coscarelli. And if you have a chance to see the movie, do it! It's a wonderful film, and Bruce Campbell makes a badass Elvis.
Look for The Collected Jorkens vol. 1 and Rhys Hughes' New Universal History of Infamy in the next couple of weeks.
The second Hodgson volume is at the printer now, and is expected out in early March.
The limited edition of The Thackery T. Lambshead Guide to Eccentric & Discredited Diseases is coming along well, with only about five more signatures left to gather. So hopefully it'll start shipping soon.
Midnight Sun ltds are shipping, and we hope to have the rest shipped before the end of the month.
We should have slipcases for the Lettered edition of Kage Baker's The Empress of Mars in a week or so, and they'll ship out immediately. Red World of Polaris lettereds are also due very soon.
Speaking of slipcases, we have a new supplier, and it looks like he's going to do a great job, as well as being pretty timely. So hopefully we can get those Wellman 5-volume set slipcases here before too long. I know you've all been patient, but these will be getting done.
That's about it for now,
Night Shade Books”
---As well as Tartarus Press:
Just a brief note to let you know that the new (third) printing of Tales of Horror and the Supernatural by Arthur Machen has now been delivered to us from the binders. Please let me know if you would like any copies. This edition has been re-set and is in the large format of some of our most recent books, now at 415+xiii pages, printed on 130 gsm cream acid-free paper, head and tailbands, silk ribbon marker, and has the design of "The Death of Helen Vaughan" stamped on the boards. It's full price is now £35.
All the best
- ► 2014 (14)
- ► 2009 (20)
- ► 2008 (65)
- ► 2007 (144)
- ► 2006 (156)
- ► 2005 (197)
- 01/31/04 SAT: ---Just read You Say Deserter, I Sa...
- 01/30/04 FRI: ---Neil called last night, wanting ...
- 01/29/04 THU: ---Here today from Hippocampus: Sm...
- 01/28/04 WED: ---Just updated entry from a week a...
- 01/27/04 TUE: ---Am working on an assortment of o...
- 01/26/04 MON: ---Here today from Edgewood: ALCHEM...
- 01/25/04 SUN: ---Word from Darkside Press about a...
- 01/24/04 SAT: ---Text to follow?
- 01/23/04 FRI: ---After a big slowdown or quasi-te...
- 01/22/04 THU: ---Text to follow?
- 01/21/04 WED: ---Here today from Meisha Merlin: ...
- 01/20/04 TUE: ---Twelve hours on the road roundtr...
- 01/19/04 MON: ---The post office is closed today ...
- 01/18/04 SUN: ---Almost non-stop Iowa caucus cove...
- 01/17/04 SAT: ---Text to follow?
- 01/16/04 FRI: ---Books here today from Simon & Sc...
- 01/15/04 THU: ---Word from Gauntlet: “SOLICITATI...
- 01/14/04 WED: ---Book shipment from Cambrian arri...
- 01/13/04 TUE: ---Shipment from Wesleyan arrived t...
- 01/12/04 MON: ---Heard from Flesh & Blood Press, ...
- 01/11/04 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- 01/10/04 SAT: ---Text to follow?
- 01/09/04 FRI: ---Putting together an order to Ran...
- 01/08/04 THU: ---Here today: CEMETERY DANCE #47,...
- 01/07/04 WED: ---Here today from Hippocampus: Jo...
- 01/06/04 TUE: ---Just updated entry for 12/23/03,...
- 01/05/04 MON: ---From Prime Books: Cisco, Michae...
- 01/04/04 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- 01/03/04 SAT: ---Text to follow?
- 01/02/04 FRI: ---I am inquiring about the order I...
- 01/01/04 THU: ---Happy new year! I am trying to g...
- ▼ January (31)
- ► 2003 (325)