Welcome to the September 2007
E-Bulletin from PS Publishing
In this month's e-bulletin:
- A warm welcome from our publisher, Pete Crowther
- News of or major schedule update
- Introducing our new PS Showcase short fiction mini-collections
- A round-up of recent news from the PS Publishing News Room
Scroll on down!
A warm welcome from Pete Crowther
Another Monday morning and, just as the leaves are starting to fall from the trees, it looks as though Summer has finally come to the Yorkshire coast. But there's definitely a sense of autumn in the air, not least with the fact that in less than two weeks we'll be enjoying another FantasyCon, a regular late September feature on our calendar.
We always look forward to FantasyCon but this time we're even more excited than usual because I'll be handling the Master of Ceremonies duties. We're busy working to get Gary Fry's mini-collection - and the first title in our new PS Showcase series, hi-lighting newer authors whom we consider to be worthy of wider attention (see-below for more info) - ready for a launch on the Saturday night. And, of course, PS and some of its titles are up for the highly coveted British Fantasy Society Awards so we'll be keeping our fingers crossed.
See you at the con!
Major schedule update
We've just updated our current website with all the forthcoming titles that we hope to publish before the end of 2008. We've added 32 new titles to the 20-odd that we'd previously announced, so now there are over four dozen brand new books by some of the top names - and up-and-coming new talents - in genre fiction for your to look forward to and be tempted by.
The full list of additions is available over at the PS Publishing News Room, or you could just head straight on over to the forthcoming titles page of the website and have a browse through the new titles there.
Introducing our new PS Showcase mini-collections
The idea is to put out a series of mini story-collections - priced as per our novellas at £10 / $20 approx. for the hardcover and £25 / $50 approx. for the signed, jacketed hardcover - from writers whom we believe are deserving of more attention.
See the PS Publishing News Room for more information from Pete on the PS Showcase concept.
PS Publishing News-Room round-up
Here's a selection of recent news items from the PS Publishing News Room.
- Out Now: The Collected Bauchelain and Korbal Broach, hardcover edition
- Out Now: Postscripts magazine, issue #11
- Novella Acquisition: 'The Fiery Angels' by David Herter
- Acquisitions round-up: nine new titles, publication dates to be confirmed
- Eric Brown's 'Starship Summer': 26-copy slipcased edition added to range
- Collection acquisition: Ramsey Campbell’s 'Just Behind You'
- Postscripts: new short story acceptances, August '07
- Novella Acquisition: 'Reunion' by Rick Hautala
- Stephen King's 'The Colorado Kid' to be stocked by Waterstone's
- PS Publishing scoops five BFS Award 2007 shortlist nominations
- New chapbook acquisition: 'The Situation' by Jeff Vandermeer
- PS back-list price rationalisation