NOT ONE OF US #38, 10/07, John Benson, (The Fox, The Moon & Other Shapes issue; stories and poems outside the norm; explores "otherness" from every fictional angle), new 4.50---Impressively, 105 stories and poems published by Not One of Us have been reprinted or honorably mentioned in best-of anthologies, or been nominated for awards.
After quite a while resting on my more or less laurels (past listings) it's time to get a move on and put up some more listings. My goal is five books every day from now on. This should be achievable, but not according to my past performance.
These books get listed in three places: on Amazon, Biblio, and Half. Books without ISBNs (older books) generally will not be listed on half. My prices might vary between these three places. Amazon and Half tell me competing prices, so I peg mine on them. Thus, if the lowest price for Deadly Percheron is $98 on Amazon, I might peg mine at $95. If it weren't my only copy maybe I'd be more reasonable. In fact, I think my Biblio listing is more reasonable.
Going forward (and possibly backward), links to titles of books will send you to the main Amazon listing. My listing will be somewhere amidst the other maybe 237 listings. This is where my photo of the book can be seen, which will probably be a better one than the one Amazon features. Half doesn't let me attach my own photo—at least I don't think it does. Photos are also at biblio. Lots of older listings still don't have photos. Nor updated prices.
I've been lousy at selling direct via email. Sorry about that, if you've tried me. Listing through the major portals keeps me honest—also prompt and reliable.
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Friday, October 26, 2007
by Joan Samson
introduction by Ed Gorman
A new edition of this classic, long out of print forgotten
masterpiece, with a new introduction by Ed Gorman and cover
art by John Bonath.
Harrowing tensions explode in a series of events that could
happen anywhere, to anyone, just as they do to John Moore --
whose days of freedom run out, who is stripped of his
possessions, his courage, and his hopes, by the ominous
presence of a stranger impossible to resist.
Published to wide acclaim in 1975, The Auctioneer is a
minor classic of American literature, now almost completely
forgotten. The story of John Moore, his wife Mim, and his
mother, is a gripping tale of greed in a small town, which
is quietly overrun by auctioneer Bob Gore. Acclaimed by
Stephen King and Robert R. McCammon and an influence on
King¹s own Needful Things, The Auctioneer is here reprinted
for the first time in 30 years.
³A well-made piece of dynamite...For all their talk, the
author seems to be saying, men will permit their souls to
be carried away bit by bit and auctioned off to the highest
bidder. Samson has written a suspenseful, engrossing novel
with the most gripping and violent ending we¹ve encountered
in some time.² ‹ Newsday
Hardcover, signed by Ed Gorman, 300 copies, $60.
Leather traycase edition, signed by Ed Gorman, XXII copies
for sale, $250 postpaid.
Thursday, October 25, 2007
---Here today from Tartarus:
Machen, Arthur DREADS AND DROLLS, Tartarus '07, 1st complete edn, (contains sixty studies, mostly from real life, each of which, by its capacity for inspiring terror or causing amused wonder, qualifies as the 'Dread' or 'Droll' of Arthur Machen's general heading; E.B. Russell intro), new in dj 70.00
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
79342 DIZZY GILLESPIE STORY 14.98---All are four-disc boxes with well-produced booklets, run-time about five hours per set. My discount off the above prices is 30%, bringing the $24.98 cost down to an incredible $17.49 to you. Check them out! The several I have managed to get listened to now, of the twenty-five already here, have all been hugely enjoyable. It is nice to get a lengthy overview of some mighty significant artists -- and a few obscurer ones -- many of whom I had never really heard at all. I may even want to get some of the Properboxes for artists I thought were already well-represented in my collection (Monk, Holiday, Bud Powell, etc.) I went ahead and ordered this batch now because they were down to only two remaining of the Sidney Bechet set, and one I had in my order (Young Tony Bennett) sold out while I was compiling it. A lot of this stuff I never would have thought I would want this much of, but at such bargain prices I figure I can check them out even from mere curiosity. Or maybe it is that I am getting old and wallowing in the past.
49179 DUKE ELLINGTON MASTERPIECES 1926-49 24.98
59197 EDITH PIAF LOVE PASSION 24.98
69255 FRANK SINATRA ALL OR NOTHING AT ALL 24.98
79407 GYPSY JAZZ 24.98
38189 JOHNNY HODGES: JEEP IS JUMPIN 24.98
79456 LES PAUL MARY FORD PERFECT HARMONY 24.98
79115 LIGHTNIN HOPKINS TEXAS THUNDERBOLT 24.98
79321 MAXINE SULLIVAN ITS WONDERFUL 24.98
38116 SIDNEY BECHET STORY 24.98
79482 SKIFFLE & ENGLISH ROCK & ROLL 24.98
69381 SQUEEZE ME JAZZ AND SWING ACCORDION 24.98
---Also these Sarx classical CDs are headed this way now too (also 30% discount, or $4.19 each):
76585 KREBS V1 ORGAN WORKS V1 5.98
76586 KREBS V2 ORGAN WORKS 5.98
76571 ORGAN MUSIC OF BACHS FAMILY 5.98
Friday, October 19, 2007
A TRIO OF GOLD MEDALS: The Vengeance Man by Dan J. Marlowe / Park Avenue Tramp by Fletcher Flora / The Prettiest Girl I Ever Killed by Charles Runyon, Stark House Noir Classics, 1st edn thus, 9/07, (adds intros, interviews, biblios, etc.; 400 pages), new 15.95
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Edited by S. T. Joshi
No. 1 (October 2007): 160 pages: $15.00
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
GYPSIES STOLE MY TEQUILA
"Adrienne Jones is my pick for “young writer most likely to make it big.” She consistently tells good stories in well crafted ways. Gypsies Stole My Tequila is one of her best. It’s perfectly crafted, wryly funny, and bang-on relevant. If you don’t already know Adrienne’s work, this is a great place to start. If you have read her before, curl up, settle back and experience the pleasure yet again.”
—Gary K. Wolf
Adrienne Jones is wonderful new voice in humorous speculative fiction. This time out the author of the critically acclaimed The Hoax, offers up a often hilarious, yet always poignant look at coming to terms with growing older. Under Jones’ masterful storytelling, Joe Blood jumps off the page as he struggles against the demons of his own past, while confronting the stubbornness and arrogance of youth in the form of an unfocused, wanna-be rock band. Oh yeah, plus some punk gypsies and meat market full of animal costumed employees. This is a story that simply comes more and more to life with each turn of the page.
Like most people on the cusp of turning 40, former punk rock star Joe Blood is wrestling with the demons of his past. Unfortunately, one of them is living in his wall.
Determined to hold him to a suicide pact made twenty years before, Joe's Time Demon starts the countdown on the last weeks of his life, calling for death on his 40th birthday. Washed up and defeated, the downtrodden has-been is willing to accept this fate. Until a final test presents itself, challenging Joe Blood to save his own life by becoming the one thing he despises…himself.
“Adrienne Jones captures the magic of the up and coming, along with the down and out to beautifully blend them into one man's search for meaning. A captivating struggle of rock ‘n` roll, insanity and the hazards of drugs all in one, follow Joe Blood as he finds his way out of thirty something. Dare WE rock on?”
“Adrienne Jones is as pointed as the devil's pitchfork, and Gypsies Stole My Tequila proves that the heart of rock and roll is still bleeding. One of the funniest writers alive.”
Necro Publications and Bedlam Press
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Swanwick, Michael THE DOG SAID BOW-WOW, Tachyon '07, 1st edn, one of 26 SIGNED lettered copies with ribbon bookmark, leatherette hardcover with front cover of trade paperback edition bound in, new no dj as issued 100.00---also need to get the regular trade paperback, along with other Tachyon publications I am sure I have fallen behind in getting.
Saturday, October 13, 2007
ROAD FROM HELL
Max the Assassin is back! What started in the pages of Painfreak, continued in the books The Beast That Was Max and Road To Hell now comes to an explosive conclusion. Offered in a VERY limited edition hardcover which contains bonus material including an all new short story with introduction showing us just where Max came from and how he got started on his cursed and tragic journey through a life of murder and sex. Also offfered in an affordable unlimited trade paperback signed by the author.
“A non-stop rampage of exquisite horror. Houarner sets off a powder keg of awl-sharp imagery, occult intellect, and bad-to-the-bone super- naturalism to further evolve one of the most terrifying character-lines the genre has seen. An irresistible thriller, horror, and fantasy novel wrapped up as one, by an author who writes like Thomas Pynchon possessed by demons.
—Edward Lee, author of
Max the Assassin is in Hell.
“A fascinating and thought- provoking dark fantasy that displays Gerard Houarner’s top of the line literary craftsmanship, Road From Hell is the perfect finale to the Max trilogy. Steeped in mythology and the bizarre wonders of the supernatural, the novel crosses genre borders as Max battles ghosts and demons from the very pit of oblivion. Houarner’s prose is tight, the imagery shocking, and the scenes haunting and diabolically terrifying.”
—Tom Piccirilli, author of
Necro Publications and Bedlam Press
Friday, October 12, 2007
- The No. 1 Ibiza Chillout Album Fatboy Slim, Angel City, Lumination, Leftfield, Airbiscuit, Max Sedgley, Chicane & many others. 76817 $23.00 $6.98
- 0753818353 Bad Boy Brawly Brown Walter Mosley. 70232 N/A $3.98
- Properbox 68 Benny Carter Benny Carter, trumpet & saxophone. Horace Henderson & Teddy Wilson, pianos. Coleman Hawkins, tenor saxophone. Max Roach, drums, & many others. 49174 N/A $24.98
- Properbox 78 Bessie Smith Bessie Smith, vocals. 49259 N/A $24.98
- Properbox 89 Big Joe Turner Big Joe Turner, vocals. Pete Johnson, piano. Art Farmer, trumpet. Freddie Green, guitar. Don Byas, tenor saxophone, & many others. 59340 N/A $24.98
- Properbox 118 Bill Haley Bill Haley with the Saddlemen, the Four Aces of Western Swing, the Comets & others. 79042 N/A $24.98
- Properbox 98 Charlie Christian Charlie Christian, guitar. Benny Goodman, clarinet. Count Basie, piano. Don Byas, tenor saxophone. Gene Krupa, drums, & many others. 79028 N/A $24.98
- Properbox 77 Charlie Mingus Charlie Mingus, bass. Dinah Washington, vocals. Earl Hines, piano. Lionel Hampton, vibes. Red Norvo Trio. Stan Getz, tenor saxophone, & many others. 49258 N/A $24.98
- Properbox 41 Charlie Ventura Charlie Ventura, tenor & baritone saxophones. Barney Bigard, clarinet. Barney Kessel, guitar. Buck Clayton, trumpet. Shelly Manne, drums, & others. 69003 N/A $24.98
- Properbox 86 Clifford Brown Clifford Brown, trumpet. Quincy Jones, piano. Max Roach, drums. Lou Donaldson, alto saxophone. Jimmy Heath, tenor saxophone, & others. 79347 N/A $14.98
- Properbox 129 The Cosimo Matassa Story Fats Domino, Dave Bartholomew, Smiley Lewis, Little Richard, Bobby Mitchell, the Barons & many others. 79320 N/A $24.98
- 1933299177 Different Kinds of Dead and Other Tales/General Murders Ed Gorman/Loren D. Estelman. 71668 $24.95 $7.98
- 1933299150 Foggy Mountain Breakdown & Other Stories/Tales From Nightscape Sharyn McCrumb/David Morrell. 71671 $24.95 $4.98
- 1583940944 Imaginings, Vol. 1 Stefan Rudnicki, ed. Harlan Ellison, intro. 53164 $14.95 $3.98
- 0965903753 The Motion of Light in Water Samuel R. Delany. 62552 N/A $3.98
- 1574231626 No Respect Gerard Malanga. 62287 $18.95 $3.98
- 1933299169 Missing Persons: Three Tales of Extreme Suspense/Not Safe After Dark and Other Stories Lewis Shiner/Peter Robinson. 71670 $24.95 $7.98
- 0312877978 A Paradigm of Earth Candas Jane Dorsey. 41648 $15.95 $1.00
- 0575073764 Peace Gene Wolfe. 62710 N/A $3.98
- Properbox 45 The Peggy Lee Story Peggy Lee, vocals. Benny Goodman, clarinet. Mel Powell, piano. Laurindo Almeida, guitar. Red Norvo, vibes, & many others. 69004 N/A $24.98
- 0738525527 Rhythm Love and Soul Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin, Gladys Knight & the Pips, Al Green, the Supremes, the Spinners, Smokey Robinson, Barry White, Percy Sledge & many others. 76337 $50.00 $24.98
- 0765301164 A Scattering of Jades Alexander C. Irvine. 50835 $25.95 $2.00
- 0575601973 A Sudden Wild Magic Diana Wynne Jones. 60923 N/A $2.98
- 0575072679 The Well of the Unicorn Fletcher Pratt. 62711 N/A $3.98
- Properbox 20 Wynonie Harris Wynonie Harris, vocals. Ellis Larkins, piano, & others. 69001 N/A $9.98
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Young, Francis Brett COLD HARBOUR, Ash-Tree '07, 1st thus, (long overdue new edition of ghostly tale first published in 1924; John Howard intro; 170 pages), new in dj 47.50---Also, this back in :
Kersh, Gerald THE WORLD, THE FLESH, & THE DEVIL: Fantastical Writings Volume 1, Ash-Tree '06, 1st, (includes two stories collected here for the first time; Paul Duncan [ed & intro]), new in dj 47.50
Monday, October 8, 2007
PostMortem #6---Anyone wanting the above-mentioned download or, of course, books, let me know!
Remember that there is a full color, printable PDF file
attached to this email.
UPDATES ON BOOKS
The Shadow of the Torturer
is at the bindery. The leather edition of 12 copies for
sale and the cloth edition of 100 copies for sale is in the
works. We expect this done by mid to late November, and
apologize for the delays in getting this title to you.
This book is nearly finished with pre-production. We will
commence printing in mid October and have copies to the
bindery in November. Expect this title around Christmas.
The Cadaver of Gideon Wyck
is being printed as we speak. We expect this title to be
complete in December or January. With an introduction by
William Hjortsberg, and a bonus essay by Alexander Laing,
this is the definitive edition of this long forgotten
The Search for Joseph Tully
is now in stock in mass quantities. With a great
introduction by T.M. Wright, an afterword by William H.
Hallahan, and a cover painting by Kay Sage, this is a great
new edition of this classic horror novel.
is also readily available. We apologize for being out of
stock on this title for so long.
Deliver Me from Eva
is also readily available. 300 copies.
The Auctioneer by Joan Samson
is at the bindery and will be done in a few weeks.
Introduction by Ed Gorman, 300 copies.
The Autopsy and Other Tales by Michael Shea
will be proofread soon, by the author. We are looking at a
March 2008 publication date. We will unveil the book at the
World Horror Convention in Salt Lake.
H.P. Lovecraft : Masters of the Weird Tale
We have a handful of stories still in proofreading. We are
also include a set of around a dozen J.K. Potter
photographs of Lovecraft¹s Providence, none of which have
ever been published. Plus we have several photographs of
H.P. Lovecraft, printed attractively. These photographs
will be bound in their own volume, all of the books
enclosed in a single slipcase.
Artists Inspired by H.P. Lovecraft
introduction by Harlan Ellison; preface by Stuart Gordon;
afterword by Thomas Ligotti; essays by Stefan Dziemianowicz
We just received our traycase dummy and book from Hong
Kong. It is hard to believe just how heavy this book is, so
needless to say the introductory offer of 150 numbered
copies with the traycase and extra prints will not be
available at $395 for much longer. The price will be $495
after January 1, and the price on the leather edition will
be $2495 ‹ if you have already reserved a title, you are
fine on the old prices, so no worries about that. And of
course the slipcased edition will be available for $395
until it is sold out.
Friday, October 5, 2007
Morgan A. Wallace of The Spectre Library
Thursday, October 4, 2007
- The Complete Peanuts 1963-1966 Box Set by Charles M. Schulz, Seth, Hal Hartley, and Bill Melendez (Hardcover - Sep 17, 2007)
- The Complete Peanuts 1965-1966 by Charles M. Schulz and Seth (Hardcover - Sep 17, 2007)
- The Complete Peanuts 1959-1962 Box Set by Charles M. Schulz (Hardcover - Nov 6, 2006)
- The Complete Peanuts 1955-1958 Boxed Set [BOX SET] by Charles M. Schulz and Seth (Hardcover - Oct 31, 2005)
- The Complete Peanuts 1950-1954 Boxed Set by Charles M. Schulz and Seth (Hardcover - Oct 2004) - Box set
- I Shall Destroy All the Civilized Planets: The Comics of Fletcher Hanks by Paul Karasik (Paperback - Jun 25, 2007)
- Pogo: The Complete Daily & Sunday Comic Strips Vol. 1: "Into the Wild Blue Wonder" by Walt Kelly and Jeff Smith (Hardcover - Feb 11, 2008)
- The Complete Peanuts 1963-1964 by Charles M. Schulz and Charles Schulz (Hardcover - May 2007)
- Krazy & Ignatz: The Kat Who Walked in Beauty by George Herriman and Derya Ataker (Hardcover - Sep 24, 2007)
- Ghost World by Daniel Clowes (Paperback - April 1, 2001)
- The Complete Peanuts 1967-1968
- Popeye Vol. 1: "I Yam What I Yam" (Popeye)
Please find attached details of the forthcoming first volume in a series of three that will collect all the known short fiction of Henry S. Whitehead. I'm sure we don't need to tell you that this is likely to prove popular.
---Anyone wanting to see the above alluded-to attachment let me know and I will forward a copy.
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
- ► 2014 (14)
- ► 2009 (20)
- ► 2008 (65)
- new Not One of Us
- word from Centipede
- latest from Tartarus
- a few new arrivals catalogued
- more properboxes
- new from Stark House
- word from hippocampus
- necro again
- specially-bound edition
- necro news
- latest title from Ash-Tree
- word from centipede
- word from spectre
- email rec'd
- Here today from PS:
- word from Earthling
- new issue of magazine here today
- ▼ October (19)
- ► 2006 (156)
- ► 2005 (197)
- ► 2004 (301)
- ► 2003 (325)