After quite a while resting on my more or less laurels (past listings) it's time to get a move on and put up some more listings. My goal is five books every day from now on. This should be achievable, but not according to my past performance.
These books get listed in three places: on Amazon, Biblio, and Half. Books without ISBNs (older books) generally will not be listed on half. My prices might vary between these three places. Amazon and Half tell me competing prices, so I peg mine on them. Thus, if the lowest price for Deadly Percheron is $98 on Amazon, I might peg mine at $95. If it weren't my only copy maybe I'd be more reasonable. In fact, I think my Biblio listing is more reasonable.
Going forward (and possibly backward), links to titles of books will send you to the main Amazon listing. My listing will be somewhere amidst the other maybe 237 listings. This is where my photo of the book can be seen, which will probably be a better one than the one Amazon features. Half doesn't let me attach my own photo—at least I don't think it does. Photos are also at biblio. Lots of older listings still don't have photos. Nor updated prices.
I've been lousy at selling direct via email. Sorry about that, if you've tried me. Listing through the major portals keeps me honest—also prompt and reliable.
Monday, August 11, 2003
---Books from Greenwood Press here:
McCarthy, Patrick A., Charles Elkins & Martin Harry Greenberg (eds) THE LEGACY OF OLAF STAPLEDON: Critical Essays and An Unpublished Manuscript, Greenwood '89, 1st, new no dj as issued 54.95
Roberson, William H. & Robert L. Battenfeld WALTER M. MILLER, Jr.: A Bio-Bibliography, Greenwood '92, 1st, (glossaries), new no dj as issued 54.95
Smith, Clark Ashton STRANGE SHADOWS: The Uncollected Fiction and Essays of…, Greenwood, 3rd, (stories, fragments, synopses, etc.; Bloch intro), new no dj as issued 74.95
---All are back-in-stock items. The couple new titles I tried to get seem to be NYP, so I guess maybe next time for those.
---The drawer I keep my reference copies of LOCUS in will not accomodate any additions, so I am listing for sale:
LOCUS #478, 11/00, (Bova, Natata) • ---#479, 12/00, (Martin, Pullman), vg-f each, 2.00
---2001 issues, all twelve • ---2002 issues, all twelve, vg-f, as a set each, 20.00
---Speaking of LOCUS, I read in the latest about the Cheap Street publishing-couple the O’Nales committing suicide. Not much older than me, and one of my first experiences when I became interested in specialty publishers more than twenty years ago was with Cheap Street. They, along with Carcosa from Karl Edward Wagner, had ads in Grant Thiessen’s book catalog. The Carcosas really bit me with the bug, but I had to try to convince myself that the Cheap Street chapbooks were a good deal--ultimately failing when I couldn’t figure out their allocation system. But I did build up quite a correspondence folder, with their fancy paper extending to what they used for letters. My own booklet publications were a conscious antithesis to the Cheap Street productions. I even bound my booklets (and first catalog for a while) with thread before I bought a saddle stapler, emulating their ribbon or yarn chapbook binding. I never used the word chapbbook for my booklets. I had not even heard the term used for something produced contemporarily before I saw it used by Cheap Street. I thought it was an archaic term for something peddled by drummers back in the olden days the O’Nales probably would have preferred. Certainly if Cheap Street’s extravagent productions were affected to be chapbooks, then mine had to be called something more prosaic, like booklets or pamphlets.
---I do wonder about the circumstances that caused these people to end it all. Very strange.
- Drive-By Truckers DECORATION DAY (Xgau: A Minus)
- Johan Lindell VED (gift of Swedish music)
- ► 2014 (14)
- ► 2009 (20)
- ► 2008 (65)
- ► 2007 (144)
- ► 2006 (156)
- ► 2005 (197)
- ► 2004 (301)
- 08/30/03 SAT: ---Text to follow?
- 08/29/03 FRI: ---Text to follow?
- 08/28/03 THU: ---Text to follow?
- 08/27/03 WED: ---Mainly processed orders today, b...
- 08/26/03 TUE: ---Here now: Blackwood, Algernon T...
- 08/25/03 MON: ---Now that school is back in sessi...
- 08/24/03 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- 08/23/03 SAT: ---Text to follow?
- 08/22/03 FRI: ---Text to follow?
- 08/21/03 THU: ---Text to follow?
- 08/20/03 WED: ---From Golden Gryphon: Kelly, Jam...
- 08/19/03 TUE: ---Catalogued today: Costello, Mar...
- 08/18/03 MON: ---This back in stock: Chesbro, Ge...
- 08/17/03 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- 08/16/03 SAT: ---Text to follow?
- 08/15/03 FRI: ---Here today: Effinger, George Al...
- 08/14/03 THU: ---Text to follow?
- 08/13/03 WED: ---These here today: Eskridge, Kel...
- 08/12/03 TUE: ---Got a slow start owing to reshelv...
- 08/11/03 MON: ---This weblog should be the place,...
- 08/10/03 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- 08/09/03 SAT: ---Text to follow?
- 08/08/03 FRI: ---Text to follow?
- 08/07/03 THU: ---Text to follow?
- 08/06/03 WED: ---Text to follow?
- 08/05/03 TUES: ---Shipments from HarperCollins, P...
- 08/04/03 MON: ---A new one from Ash-Tree: Le Fan...
- 08/03/03 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- 08/02/03 SAT: ---Text to follow?
- 08/01/03 FRI: ---Here today from the Univ of Nebr...
- 07/31/03 THU: ---Text to follow?
- 07/30/03 WED: ---Text to follow?
- 07/29/03 TUE: ---Text to follow?
- 07/28/03 MON: ---Text to follow?
- 07/27/03 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- 07/26/03 SAT: ---Text to follow?
- 07/25/03 FRI: ---Text to follow?
- 07/24/03 THU: ---Text to follow?
- 07/23/03 WED: ---Text to follow?
- 07/22/03 TUE: ---Text to follow?
- 07/21/03 MON: ---Text to follow?
- 07/20/03 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- 07/19/03 SAT: ---Text to follow?
- 07/18/03 FRI: ---Text to follow?
- 07/17/03 THU: ---Text to follow?
- 07/16/03 WED: ---Text to follow?
- 07/15/03 TUE: ---Text to follow?
- 07/14/03 MON: ---Text to follow?
- 07/13/03 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- 07/12/03 SAT: ---Text to follow?
- 07/11/03 FRI: ---Text to follow?
- 07/10/03 THU: ---Text to follow?
- 07/09/03 WED: ---Here now: Braunbeck, Gary A. GR...
- 07/08/03 TUES: ---Books from Greenwood Press here...
- 07/07/03 MON: ---Text to follow?
- 07/06/03 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- 07/05/03 SAT: ---Received this in mail from Autho...
- 07/04/03 FRI: ---Neil is working at the Howard De...
- 07/03/03 THU: ---Text to follow?
- 07/02/03 WED: ---Here today: CEMETERY DANCE #44,...
- 07/01/03 TUES: ---I got my order in to Greenwood ...
- ▼ August (61)