After quite a while resting on my more or less laurels (past listings) it's time to get a move on and put up some more listings. My goal is five books every day from now on. This should be achievable, but not according to my past performance.
These books get listed in three places: on Amazon, Biblio, and Half. Books without ISBNs (older books) generally will not be listed on half. My prices might vary between these three places. Amazon and Half tell me competing prices, so I peg mine on them. Thus, if the lowest price for Deadly Percheron is $98 on Amazon, I might peg mine at $95. If it weren't my only copy maybe I'd be more reasonable. In fact, I think my Biblio listing is more reasonable.
Going forward (and possibly backward), links to titles of books will send you to the main Amazon listing. My listing will be somewhere amidst the other maybe 237 listings. This is where my photo of the book can be seen, which will probably be a better one than the one Amazon features. Half doesn't let me attach my own photo—at least I don't think it does. Photos are also at biblio. Lots of older listings still don't have photos. Nor updated prices.
I've been lousy at selling direct via email. Sorry about that, if you've tried me. Listing through the major portals keeps me honest—also prompt and reliable.
Wednesday, November 12, 2003
---Still working on the inexhaustible pile of small press magazines and chapbooks. Am up to 136 items ready to upload to biblio.com. And some14,000 to go. Wouldn’t it be easier to come out with a new catalog? More profitable too, I get the feeling.
---Well, here is the list of what I just finished newly cataloguing:
ASIMOV'S SCIENCE FICTION MAGAZINE, 10-11/01, (Double Issue; Silverberg serial, part 1 of 3; Jack Williamson, Swanwick, Steele, William Sanders, Simon Ings, Andy Duncan, Robert Reed, Charles Stross, Cherry Wilder), vg-f 2.50
ASIMOV'S SCIENCE FICTION MAGAZINE, 7/02, 8/02, vg or better each, 1.25
BARE BONE #1, '01, (fiction; Derek M. Fox, Yvonne Navarro, etc), perfectbound, f $5
Breiding, G. Sutton HALLUCINATING JENNY, Perihelion Broadside #2, Miniature Sun ('00), unsigned PC copy, (2-page poem), f 1.50
DARKLING PLAIN: Speculative Fiction #2, fall/01, (Simmons interview; Alan Dean Foster, Bruce Boston, Martha A. Hood, Jeff Carlson and Nikolai Gogol), vg-f 6.00
De Winter, Corrine A DARK RIDE, Black Arrow ('01), (poetry), booklet, vg-f 2.50
DREAMS & NIGHTMARES #61, 1/02 • ---#62, 5/02, (speculative poetry), vg-f each, 2.00
FANTASIA: An Anthology of Fantastic Fiction and Poetry, Springbeach'98, (UK publication; 60 pages), bklt, vg $3
FOUNDATION #58, sum93, (featuring John Clute on The Encyclopedia of SF), vg-f 5.00
FRISSON: Disconcerting Verse #22, sum/01, vg-f 2.50
FUTURES: The Anthology of Short Tales for Story Lovers #26, 12/01-1/02, vg-f 3.00
---4-5-6/02, also listed as Issue #26, (Hitchcock fiction by Henry Slesar, more), vg-f $3
HADROSAUR TALES #5, ('98), (SF stories, poetry; Keith Allen Daniels, Lenora K. Rogers, Wayne James, etc.; 136 pages), perfectbound, vg-f $4
Hensley, Chad WHAT THE CACODAEMON WHISPERED, Flesh & Blood, 5/01, chapboo, f 4.00
HORROR GARAGE #4, ('01), (Sex, Death, Rock ‘n’ Roll; Original Dark Fiction by John Shirley, Lorelei Shannon, Bruce Holland Rogers, Gerard Houarner, C.A. Gardner; nonfiction by NormanPartridge; more), vg+ 5.00
HORROR WRITERS ASSOCIATION, THE OFFICIAL NEWSLETTER OF…, 2/01 • ---4/01 • ---6/01, (market reports, shoptalk, etc.), vg each, 2.00
HWA NEWSLETTER, 3/01, (Richard Laymon memorial issue), vg-f 5.00
Jacob, Charlee SKIN, Perihelion Broadside #3, Miniature Sun, ('00), unsigned PC copy, as new $1
Kiernan, Caitlin R. CANDLES FOR ELIZABETH, Meisha Merlin, 5/98, 1st, bklt, vg-f $4
Link, Kelly & Ray Vukcevich 2 CREEPY STORIES, Small Beer, 4/02, (ltd. edn), bklt, vg+ 6.00
MAIN STREET RAG, sum/01, (gritty; Gwendolyn Brooks interview, more), vg-f 3.50
MOOREEFFOC #5, fall/01, (Fiction in the mythic tradion; Spooky Issue), vg+ 3.00
NOT ONE OF US #14 (9/95), John Benson, (stories and poems outside the norm; radical empathy issue), vg+ 2.50
Pronzini, Bill NOTHING BUT THE NIGHT, Walker '00, 1st pb, (psychological suspense), vg-f 7.50
Ragan, Jacie DEADLY NIGHTSHADE, Flesh & Blood '01, 1st edn, INSCRIBED, booklet, vg-f 3.00
REALMS OF FANTASY, 10/99, (medieval gaming, Gahan Wilson on HPL), vg+ 4.00
RHYSLING ANTHOLOGY, THE 2001… , SFPA, (‘01), (Best SF, F & H Poetry of 2000),vg- f $5
SCHUYLKILL, spr/01, (Creative and Critical Review from Temple University), f 2.00
Schwader, Ann K. WEREWOMAN, Nocturnal ('90), (poems), booklet, vg+ 3.00
SCIENCE FICTION WRITERS OF AMERICA BULLETIN, THE… #153, spr/02, (Case of the Missing Paperbacks) • ---#154, sum/02, (Nebula Awards Issue), vg each, 3.00
SPACE AND TIME #96, fall/02, (SC Lofton, Trey Barker, Kendell Evans, Charlee Jacob; Goingback interview), vg-f 4.00
SPECULATIVE POETRY, THE MAGAZINE OF…, spr/01, vg-f 3.00
STAR*LINE: Newsletter of the Science Fiction Poetry Assoc., #25.4, 7-8/02, vg-f 1.00
STAR*LINE: Newsletter of the Science Fiction Poetry Assoc., 24.4, 7-8/01, vg or better, f 1.00
TALEBONES #22, fall/01, (Van Pelt; Simmons interview) , vg-f 3.50
TALEBONES #24, spr/02, (William Barton, Van Pelt, Nina Kiriki Hoffman, Sallis; Turtledove interview), vg-f 3.00
TWINK #23, ('01), (fine fanzine; Religion in SF, part 2; listings, LOCs, etc.), vg+ 2.00
VanderMeer, Jeff LYRIC OF THE HIGHWAY MARINER, Nocturnal ('91), (poems), booklet, vg+ 6.00
WEIRD TALES #323, spr/01, (Keith Taylor), vg+ 3.00
winter-damon, t. & randy chandler MAN CRUEL, Cyber-Psychos AOD, pre-release edn for World Horror ‘00, INSCRIBED, bklt, vg-f $5
WORLD HORROR CONVENTION 1999, (program book; Campbell, Bishop), vg-f 8.00
WORLD HORROR 2000, (convention program book; Ellison, Straub, etc.), vg-f 8.00
- Shania Twain THE WOMAN IN ME (Xgau: HM*)
- Lou Reed THE RAVEN (Xgau: B Plus)
- Derek and the Dominos LAYLA (Xgau: A Plus)
- ► 2014 (14)
- ► 2009 (20)
- ► 2008 (65)
- ► 2007 (144)
- ► 2006 (156)
- ► 2005 (197)
- ► 2004 (301)
- 11/26/03 WED: ---Pasted up an updated 8-page New ...
- 11/25/03 TUE: ---No books here today, but I did h...
- 11/24/03 MON: ---Here today from Necro: Lee, Edwar...
- 11/23/03 SUN: ---I sent paperbacks through Par- (...
- 11/21/03 SAT: ---Stayed up to 2AM picking Neil up...
- 11/21/03 FRI: ---I now have 518 listings up on bi...
- 11/20/03 THU: ---Here today: WORMWOOD #1, Tartar...
- 11/19/03 WED: ---Text to follow?
- 11/18/03 TUE: ---Excellent shipment here today fr...
- 11/17/03 MON: ---Here from Earthling: Clark, Sim...
- 11/16/03 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- 11/14/03 FRI: ---Here today from PS Publishing: ...
- 11/15/03 SAT: ---Saw myself listed as one of five ...
- 11/13/03 THU: ---Just added posts to Monday and T...
- 11/12/03 WED: ---I tell you what, I am enjoying t...
- 11/11/03 TUE: ---Still working on the inexhaustib...
- 11/10/03 MON: ---Here today: Brown, Alice THE EM...
- 11/09/03 SUN: ---Posting that info from a catalog...
- 11/09/03 SUN: ---Sent a second batch of listings,...
- 11/08/03 SAT: ---Word from Wheatland Press: “Dea...
- 11/07/03 FRI: ---Here today (on sale the tenth): ...
- 11/06/03 THU: ---My inquiry with Tartarus Press i...
- 11/05/03 WED: ---Just added a bit of info to Mond...
- 11/04/03 TUE: ---Here today: Bailey, Dale THE RE...
- 11/03/03 MON: 11/03/03 MON: ---Here today: Bake...
- 11/02/03 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- 11/01/03 SAT: ---Text to follow?
- 10/31/03 FRI: ---Text to follow?
- 10/30/03 THU: ---Here from PGW: Ashley, Mike (ed...
- 10/29/03 WED: ---Text to follow?
- 10/28/03 TUE: ---Text to follow?
- ▼ November (31)