After quite a while resting on my more or less laurels (past listings) it's time to get a move on and put up some more listings. My goal is five books every day from now on. This should be achievable, but not according to my past performance.
These books get listed in three places: on Amazon, Biblio, and Half. Books without ISBNs (older books) generally will not be listed on half. My prices might vary between these three places. Amazon and Half tell me competing prices, so I peg mine on them. Thus, if the lowest price for Deadly Percheron is $98 on Amazon, I might peg mine at $95. If it weren't my only copy maybe I'd be more reasonable. In fact, I think my Biblio listing is more reasonable.
Going forward (and possibly backward), links to titles of books will send you to the main Amazon listing. My listing will be somewhere amidst the other maybe 237 listings. This is where my photo of the book can be seen, which will probably be a better one than the one Amazon features. Half doesn't let me attach my own photo—at least I don't think it does. Photos are also at biblio. Lots of older listings still don't have photos. Nor updated prices.
I've been lousy at selling direct via email. Sorry about that, if you've tried me. Listing through the major portals keeps me honest—also prompt and reliable.
Monday, May 19, 2003
---Email sent that might be of interest to more than one recipient:
“I seem to have fallen by the wayside issuing printed catalogs. My infrequent email updates and weblog entries seems to be keeping me in business, as well as unexpected emails such as yours which have been a lifeblood, since they often precipitate further business. To that end, although I don't think I have a lot of PKD new arrivals, I am always on the lookout and that may have brought in a thing or two of interest. At any rate, her is what I have now. In hc:
Dick, Philip K. THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE, SFBC, nd, new in dj 6.98
---SELECTED LETTERS OF…, Volume One: 1938-1971, Underwood ('96), (1st), (another map of the man; introduction by James Blaylock), new in dj 39.95
Dick, Philip K. THE COLLECTED STORIES OF…, Volume 1, Citadel, 8th, new 14.95
--- CONFESSIONS OF A CRAP ARTIST, Vintage, 4th, new 10.00
---THE DIVINE INVASION, Vintage, 2nd, new 10.00
---DO ANDROIDS DREAM OF ELECTRIC SHEEP?, Del Rey, 6th, new 13.00
---DR. BLOODMONEY, Vintage, 5/02, (post-nuclear holocaust), new 13.00
---FLOW MY TEARS, THE POLICEMAN SAID, Vintage, 3rd, vg $6; new 10.00
---GALACTIC POT-HEALER, Vintage, 5th, new 12.00
---THE GAME-PLAYERS OF TITAN, Vintage, 2nd, new 10.00
---THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE, Vintage, 7th, (Hugo-winning novel), new 10.00
---A MAZE OF DEATH, Vintage, 4th, new 11.00
---THE MINORITY REPORT and Other Classic Stories, Citadel, 6th, new 14.95
---THE PHILIP K. DICK READER, Citadel, 4th, (two dozen stories), new 15.95
---A SCANNER DARKLY, Vintage, 12/91, new 10.00
---SECOND VARIETY and Other Classic Stories, Citadel, 5/02, (from '50s), new 14.95
---THE SHIFTING REALITIES OF…: Selected Literary and Philosophical Writings, Vintage, 3rd, (Edited and with an Introduction by Lawrence Sutin), new 13.00
---THE THREE STIGMATA OF PALMER ELDRITCH, Vintage, 12/91, new 10.00
---THE TRANSMIGRATION OF TIMOTHY ARCHER, Vintage, 2nd, new 10.00
---VALIS, Vintage, 2nd, new $10; 4th, vg 7.00
---WE CAN REMEMBER IT FOR YOU WHOLESALE and Other Classic Stories, Citadel, 5/02, (stories from '52-5 except title story; Spinrad intro), new 14.95
(and of course the Galactic Central bibliography)
iPocketessentials 29 Butler, Andrew M. PHILIP K. DICK, '00, (almost everything), new 6.95
zzzDel Rey 30129 Dick, Philip K. BLADE RUNNER (=Do Androids Dream…), 4th, vg 4.00
zzzDell pb 11084 Dick, Philip K. CLANS OF THE ALPHANE MOON, 1/80, g-vg 3.50
zzzAce G- 637 Dick, Philip K. & Ray Nelson THE GANYMEDE TAKEOVER, ('67), g 4.50
zzzAce F- 377 Dick, Philip K. THE CRACK IN SPACE, ('66), (orig), vg+ 10.00
zzzBelmont 618 Dick, Philip K. TIME OUT OF JOINT, 2/65, vg 6.00
zzzDell pb 9200 Dick, Philip K. UBIK, 5/70, g 4.00
zzzBantam 14156 Dick, Philip K. VALIS, 2nd, g 3.50
Bantam 20594 Dick, Philip K. VALIS, 4th(10/81), vg 5.00”
- ► 2014 (14)
- ► 2009 (20)
- ► 2008 (65)
- ► 2007 (144)
- ► 2006 (156)
- ► 2005 (197)
- ► 2004 (301)
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (5/22/03 THU): ---Letter from me...
- 5/21/03 WED: ---Another rat-race wild-goose chase...
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (5/20/03 TUES): ---Lately I have...
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (5/19/03 MON): ---Need to get or...
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (5/18/03 SUNDAY): ---Email sent ...
- ---I pasted the list of Contributions to the Study...
- 5/17/03 SAT: ---Got back from Illinois with Neil....
- 5/16/03 FRI: ---Went to Champaign-Urbana to pick ...
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (5/15/03 THU): ---Catalogued tod...
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (5/14/03 WED): ---I can’t find a...
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (5/13/03 TUES): ---Text to follo...
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (5/12/03 MON): ---Terribly diffi...
- 5/11/03 Sun: ---Mother’s Day
- 5/10/03 Sat: ---Threatening weather played a part...
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (5/9/03 FRI): ---Bigtime downpou...
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (5/8/03 THU): ---I don’t know ho...
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (5/7/03 WED): ---A couple more a...
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (5/6/03 Tues): ---These catalogu...
- 5/5/03 MON: ---Text to follow?
- 5/4/03 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- 5/3/03 SAT: ---Text to follow?
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (5/2/03 Fri): ---Finally getting...
- 5/1/03 THU: ---Text to follow?
- 4/30/03 WED: ---Text to follow?
- ▼ May (24)