After quite a while resting on my more or less laurels (past listings) it's time to get a move on and put up some more listings. My goal is five books every day from now on. This should be achievable, but not according to my past performance.
These books get listed in three places: on Amazon, Biblio, and Half. Books without ISBNs (older books) generally will not be listed on half. My prices might vary between these three places. Amazon and Half tell me competing prices, so I peg mine on them. Thus, if the lowest price for Deadly Percheron is $98 on Amazon, I might peg mine at $95. If it weren't my only copy maybe I'd be more reasonable. In fact, I think my Biblio listing is more reasonable.
Going forward (and possibly backward), links to titles of books will send you to the main Amazon listing. My listing will be somewhere amidst the other maybe 237 listings. This is where my photo of the book can be seen, which will probably be a better one than the one Amazon features. Half doesn't let me attach my own photo—at least I don't think it does. Photos are also at biblio. Lots of older listings still don't have photos. Nor updated prices.
I've been lousy at selling direct via email. Sorry about that, if you've tried me. Listing through the major portals keeps me honest—also prompt and reliable.
Wednesday, June 18, 2003
---A couple here from Small Beer Press:
LADY CHURCHILL'S ROSEBUD WRISTLET (An Occasional Ouburst) #12, 6/03, Small Beer, (Jan Lars Jensen, David Erik Nelson, Ursula Pflug, etc.), new $4
---previous issues also available:
LADY CHURCHILL’S ROSEBUD WRISTLET (An Occasional Ouburst) #4, Small Beer, (Westgard, Link, Ian McDowell, Nalo Hopkinson) • ---#5, (Butner, Emswiler, Muirhead, Lucy Snyder) • ---#6, 5/00, (Sallis, Karen Joy Fowler, Link) • ---#7, 10/00, (Jeffrey Ford, Klages, Sallis), new each, 3.00
---#9, 10/01, (Fifth Anniversary Issue) • ---#10, 6/02, (Jeffrey Ford; 48 pages) • ---#11, 11/02, (Gloss, Goss, Klingbiel, Klang; another 52 pages), new each, 4.00
Rich, Mark FOREIGNERS, and Other Familiar Faces, Small Beer (6/03), 1st edn, (jaunty, off-beat stories), 68-page booklet, new 5.00
---This response to someone wanting magazines from DNA (FANTASTIC, WEIRD TALES, ABORIGINAL SF, ABSOLUTE MAGNITUDE):
“At this point it may be your best bet to go ahead and seek elsewhere for DNA magazines. I have not been able to get a response much as I tried. Perhaps I will eventually get them. Stranger things have happened, but for now it seems to be a no go. I will let you know if I can get back on track with them.”
---A stray from Greenwood here now:
Umland, Samuel J. (ed) PHILIP K. DICK: Contemporary Critical Interpretations, Greenwood '95, (primary & secondary bibliography), new no dj as issued $73
---Ridiculously priced but I suppose their books are intended for libraries with their inflexible demand and willingness to pay whatever it costs. Like a $73 hammer for the Pentagon. But I did just receive a sale flyer from Greenwood offering an extra 10% discount, so until June 30 I will reciprocate by offering a 30% instead of the usual 20% to members of the discount plan. Back around May 18 I posted here a long list of their “Contributions to the Study of Science Fiction and Fantasy”. If anyone is thinking they might want any of these, now is the time to act!
- Art Pepper THE WAY IT WAS!
- Aaliyah I CARE 4 YOU (Xgau: A-)
- ► 2014 (14)
- ► 2009 (20)
- ► 2008 (65)
- ► 2007 (144)
- ► 2006 (156)
- ► 2005 (197)
- ► 2004 (301)
- 06/14/03 SAT: ---We trapped a raccoon last night....
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (06/13/03 FRI): ---Filling order...
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (06/12/03 THURS): ---Here from E...
- 06/11/03 WED: ---Text to follow?
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (06/10/03 TUES): ---Here today: ...
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (06/09/03 MON): ---This arrived ...
- 06/08/03 SUNDAY: ---Text to follow?
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (06/07/03 SAT): ---Some things f...
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (06/06/03 FRI): ---Shelving book...
- 06/05/03 THURS: ---Ran ten-and-a-half miles today...
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (06/04/03 WED): ---A couple here...
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (06/03/03 TUES): ---Back in stoc...
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (06/02/03 MON): ---On this rainy...
- 06/01/03 SUNDAY: ---Noticing the length of time b...
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (5/31/03 SAT): ---Working on cat...
- 5/30/03 FRI: ---Text to follow?
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (5/29/03 THU): ---A shipment fro...
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (5/28/03 WED): ---Received this ...
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (5/27/03 TUES): ---A couple arri...
- 5/26/03 MON: ---Text to follow?
- 5/25/03 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (5/24/03 SAT): ---Catalogued tod...
- 5/23/03 FRI: ---Text to follow?
- ▼ June (23)