After quite a while resting on my more or less laurels (past listings) it's time to get a move on and put up some more listings. My goal is five books every day from now on. This should be achievable, but not according to my past performance.
These books get listed in three places: on Amazon, Biblio, and Half. Books without ISBNs (older books) generally will not be listed on half. My prices might vary between these three places. Amazon and Half tell me competing prices, so I peg mine on them. Thus, if the lowest price for Deadly Percheron is $98 on Amazon, I might peg mine at $95. If it weren't my only copy maybe I'd be more reasonable. In fact, I think my Biblio listing is more reasonable.
Going forward (and possibly backward), links to titles of books will send you to the main Amazon listing. My listing will be somewhere amidst the other maybe 237 listings. This is where my photo of the book can be seen, which will probably be a better one than the one Amazon features. Half doesn't let me attach my own photo—at least I don't think it does. Photos are also at biblio. Lots of older listings still don't have photos. Nor updated prices.
I've been lousy at selling direct via email. Sorry about that, if you've tried me. Listing through the major portals keeps me honest—also prompt and reliable.
Monday, June 9, 2003
---A shipment from Wildside has arrived:
Benson, Robert Hugh LORD OF THE WORLD, Wildside, nd, (orig: 1907), new 19.95
---THE NECROMANCERS, Wildside, nd, (orig: 1909), new 18.95
Burroughs, Edgar Rice THE CHESSMEN OF MARS, Wildside, nd, new in dj 32.95
---THE LAND THAT TIME FORGOT, Wildside, nd, (Fort Dinosaur), new in dj 26.95
---OUT OF TIME'S ABYSS, Wildside, nd, (intro by Amy Sterling Casil), new in dj 27.95
Clore, Dan THE UNSPEAKABLE and Others, Wildside ('01), (Joshi intro), new 19.95
FANTASY ANNUAL #5, Cosmos ('03), (Bayley, Fearn, Dan Morgan), new 16.99
Goulart, Ron BRINKMAN, Wildside, 7/01, (photo-reprint of 1981 edn), new 14.95
Haggard, H. Rider THE WITCH'S HEAD, Wildside '99, (photo-reprint), new 19.50
Joshi, S.T. H.P. LOVECRAFT & LOVECRAFT CRITICISM: An Annotated Bibliography, Wildside, nd, (reprint of 1981 work; 473 pp), new no dj as issued 49.95
Richards, Anna M. A NEW ALICE IN THE OLD WONDERLAND, Wildside. 9/00, (35 years later, a different girl, also named Alice wants to visit Wonderland), new 14.95
---Back in stock:
Bayley, Barrington J. THE SINNERS OF ERSPIA, Cosmos/Wildside ('02), new 15.95
Betancourt, John Gregory & Robert Weinberg (eds) WEIRD TALES: Seven Decades of Terror, Barnes & Noble '97 (dist. Wildside), 1st, SIGNED by Betancourt, (the best of the worst frights; 438 pages), new in dj 12.95
Biggle, Lloyd, Jr. THE CHRONOCIDE MISSION, Wildside, 4/02, 1st edn, new 15.95
Di Filippo, Paul A MOUTHFUL OF TONGUES, Cosmos/Wildside ('02), new in dj 29.95
FANTASY ANNUAL #4, Cosmos/Wildside '00, (new stories; Bounds, High, Tubb, etc.), new 12.00
Joshi, S.T. H.P. LOVECRAFT: The Decline of the West, Wildside, nd, new 19.95
McCaffrey, Anne (ed) COOKING OUT OF THIS WORLD, Wildside '92, 2nd, (lost classic), new 10.00
Smeds, Dave PIPER IN THE NIGHT, Wildside ('01), 1st edn, (surreal), new in dj 37.95
---Received this email:
“I am just checking with you to find out what if anything is going on. I haven't heard from you since early this year. Are you still issuing catalogues? Did you drop me from your mailing list? I miss hearing from you--am still planning on giving you business if you are selling. Let me know.”
“I seem to be in midlife or something, because my urge to put out paper catalogs is at a wane. I have been fooling around a bit when I get the chance with putting information in my weblog that includes new arrivals as they come in and other book-business-related matters, as well as whatever I might feel like imparting into the great webunknown. I also have a bunch of stuff waiting to go into email updates when I can think to keep going with those, to people who asked to get them. Even without catalogs it seems I am having just as much trouble keeping up with orders coming in, but perhaps that has more to say about my increasing laziness than anything else.”
---I sent out an email update (of sorts) querying recipients about the Side Real Press solicitation for the UK book below. Seems that people who get Tartarus, Sarob, Ash-Tree might want to add Side Real to their list of collectible publishers.
---Am printing out a new Membership Discount Plan information sheet. I know a few discounts have been changed/added, but mostly it is staying the same. Might as well keep it current, though, even if the changes are few.
- Ilan Guetta plays BACH ELECTRIC - conclusive argument that Bach would have wielded an axe were he alive today
- Pietro Castrucci 6 CONCERTI GROSSI
- ► 2014 (14)
- ► 2009 (20)
- ► 2008 (65)
- ► 2007 (144)
- ► 2006 (156)
- ► 2005 (197)
- ► 2004 (301)
- 06/14/03 SAT: ---We trapped a raccoon last night....
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (06/13/03 FRI): ---Filling order...
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (06/12/03 THURS): ---Here from E...
- 06/11/03 WED: ---Text to follow?
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (06/10/03 TUES): ---Here today: ...
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (06/09/03 MON): ---This arrived ...
- 06/08/03 SUNDAY: ---Text to follow?
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (06/07/03 SAT): ---Some things f...
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (06/06/03 FRI): ---Shelving book...
- 06/05/03 THURS: ---Ran ten-and-a-half miles today...
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (06/04/03 WED): ---A couple here...
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (06/03/03 TUES): ---Back in stoc...
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (06/02/03 MON): ---On this rainy...
- 06/01/03 SUNDAY: ---Noticing the length of time b...
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (5/31/03 SAT): ---Working on cat...
- 5/30/03 FRI: ---Text to follow?
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (5/29/03 THU): ---A shipment fro...
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (5/28/03 WED): ---Received this ...
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (5/27/03 TUES): ---A couple arri...
- 5/26/03 MON: ---Text to follow?
- 5/25/03 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- BOOKCELLAR NOTES (5/24/03 SAT): ---Catalogued tod...
- 5/23/03 FRI: ---Text to follow?
- ▼ June (23)