After quite a while resting on my more or less laurels (past listings) it's time to get a move on and put up some more listings. My goal is five books every day from now on. This should be achievable, but not according to my past performance.
These books get listed in three places: on Amazon, Biblio, and Half. Books without ISBNs (older books) generally will not be listed on half. My prices might vary between these three places. Amazon and Half tell me competing prices, so I peg mine on them. Thus, if the lowest price for Deadly Percheron is $98 on Amazon, I might peg mine at $95. If it weren't my only copy maybe I'd be more reasonable. In fact, I think my Biblio listing is more reasonable.
Going forward (and possibly backward), links to titles of books will send you to the main Amazon listing. My listing will be somewhere amidst the other maybe 237 listings. This is where my photo of the book can be seen, which will probably be a better one than the one Amazon features. Half doesn't let me attach my own photo—at least I don't think it does. Photos are also at biblio. Lots of older listings still don't have photos. Nor updated prices.
I've been lousy at selling direct via email. Sorry about that, if you've tried me. Listing through the major portals keeps me honest—also prompt and reliable.
Monday, October 13, 2003
---Columbus Day post-office closing, so I do not have that distraction today. Maybe I can get a few things ready to go out, and take care of some long-delayed tasks.
---But spending the morning wrestling with my photocopier and shelving catalogued books can make for a slow start.
---An entry for 09/30/03 was edited in a few days ago (new books from Mythos, Golden Gryphon and HarperCollins, if I recall correctly.)
---Now I have added to an entry for last Wednesday (10/08/03) which mentions some Meisha Merlin books cost reduction and the latest mass-market paperbacks I have catalogued. I could go through and set up lots of links, which would be fun to do; but I will forego that pleasure for now in favor of possibly spending the time more usefully. Suffice it to say that you could find out more by negotiating through the publishers' websites yourself, if you are interested.
- ► 2014 (14)
- ► 2009 (20)
- ► 2008 (65)
- ► 2007 (144)
- ► 2006 (156)
- ► 2005 (197)
- ► 2004 (301)
- 10/27/03 MON: ---Just edited the 08/20/03 post to...
- 10/26/03 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- 10/25/03 SAT: ---Just received this word from Gau...
- 10/24/03 FRI: ---Text to follow?
- 10/23/03 THU: ---I just edited the 09/25/03 entr...
- 10/22/03 WED: ---Text to follow?
- 10/21/03 TUE: ---Text to follow?
- 10/20/03 MON: ---I just put up the entry for last...
- 10/19/03 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- 10/18/03 SAT: ---Word from Golden Gryphon: “Gree...
- 10/17/03 FRI: ---Text to follow?
- 10/16/03 THU: ---Text to follow?
- 10/15/03 WED: ---Here today: CEMETERY DANCE #46,...
- 10/14/03 TUE: ---Text to follow?
- 10/13/03 MON: ---Columbus Day post-office closing...
- 10/12/03 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- 10/11/03 SAT: ---Text to follow?
- 10/10/03 FRI: ---Text to follow?
- 10/09/03 THU: ---Text to follow?
- 10/08/03 WED: ---Rec’d a solicitation from Meish...
- 10/07/03 TUE: ---Word from Meisha Merlin: "Dear ...
- 10/06/03 MON: ---Spent much of the day in endosco...
- 10/05/03 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- 10/04/03 SAT: ---Text to follow?
- 10/03/03 FRI: ---Text to follow?
- 10/02/03 THU: ---Text to follow?
- 10/01/03 WED: ---Text to follow?
- 09/30/03 TUE: ---It looks like maybe my computer ...
- ▼ October (28)