After quite a while resting on my more or less laurels (past listings) it's time to get a move on and put up some more listings. My goal is five books every day from now on. This should be achievable, but not according to my past performance.
These books get listed in three places: on Amazon, Biblio, and Half. Books without ISBNs (older books) generally will not be listed on half. My prices might vary between these three places. Amazon and Half tell me competing prices, so I peg mine on them. Thus, if the lowest price for Deadly Percheron is $98 on Amazon, I might peg mine at $95. If it weren't my only copy maybe I'd be more reasonable. In fact, I think my Biblio listing is more reasonable.
Going forward (and possibly backward), links to titles of books will send you to the main Amazon listing. My listing will be somewhere amidst the other maybe 237 listings. This is where my photo of the book can be seen, which will probably be a better one than the one Amazon features. Half doesn't let me attach my own photo—at least I don't think it does. Photos are also at biblio. Lots of older listings still don't have photos. Nor updated prices.
I've been lousy at selling direct via email. Sorry about that, if you've tried me. Listing through the major portals keeps me honest—also prompt and reliable.
Saturday, October 25, 2003
---Just received this word from Gauntlet:
“GAUNTLET PRESS SOLICITATION FOR RICHARD MATHESON:
COLLECTED STORIES VOLUME ONE
Gauntlet Press is now taking orders for Richard Matheson: COLLECTED STORIES, Volume One. Projected to be published in February 2004, this title is an expanded tradepaperback version of the 1989 Dream/Press hardcover limited edition. We will be publishing the collection in 3 volumes (each approximately 400 pages in length), the first in 2004 and one each year following.
RICHARD MATHESON: COLLECTED STORIES is the gathering together of 86 Richard Matheson short stories, beginning with Born of Man and Woman from 1950 and ending with Duel from 1971. The stories were arranged by Matheson himself roughly in chronological order of original publication. There are also several tributes to Richard Matheson throughout the volumes from admirers such as Stephen King, Ray Bradbury, Robert Bloch, William F. Nolan, and others. Finally, Matheson wrote a deeply revealing Introduction for the collection. Check the Gauntlet website (www.gauntletpress.com) for a Table of Contents for the first volume.
For the Volume One, editor Stanley Wiater has included:
A "bibliophile" at the end of each story containing Matheson's very own commentary on the behind-the-scenes details of each story (gathered from Matheson over the past year). Each story is also listed with it's original publication date and place of publication.
Richard Matheson wrote a new introduction expressly for the Gauntlet Press edition of the book as an addendum to his original 1989 introduction.
$16.95 cover price”
---Anyone wanting me to put this on their backorder list, let me know.
- ► 2014 (14)
- ► 2009 (20)
- ► 2008 (65)
- ► 2007 (144)
- ► 2006 (156)
- ► 2005 (197)
- ► 2004 (301)
- 10/27/03 MON: ---Just edited the 08/20/03 post to...
- 10/26/03 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- 10/25/03 SAT: ---Just received this word from Gau...
- 10/24/03 FRI: ---Text to follow?
- 10/23/03 THU: ---I just edited the 09/25/03 entr...
- 10/22/03 WED: ---Text to follow?
- 10/21/03 TUE: ---Text to follow?
- 10/20/03 MON: ---I just put up the entry for last...
- 10/19/03 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- 10/18/03 SAT: ---Word from Golden Gryphon: “Gree...
- 10/17/03 FRI: ---Text to follow?
- 10/16/03 THU: ---Text to follow?
- 10/15/03 WED: ---Here today: CEMETERY DANCE #46,...
- 10/14/03 TUE: ---Text to follow?
- 10/13/03 MON: ---Columbus Day post-office closing...
- 10/12/03 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- 10/11/03 SAT: ---Text to follow?
- 10/10/03 FRI: ---Text to follow?
- 10/09/03 THU: ---Text to follow?
- 10/08/03 WED: ---Rec’d a solicitation from Meish...
- 10/07/03 TUE: ---Word from Meisha Merlin: "Dear ...
- 10/06/03 MON: ---Spent much of the day in endosco...
- 10/05/03 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- 10/04/03 SAT: ---Text to follow?
- 10/03/03 FRI: ---Text to follow?
- 10/02/03 THU: ---Text to follow?
- 10/01/03 WED: ---Text to follow?
- 09/30/03 TUE: ---It looks like maybe my computer ...
- ▼ October (28)