After quite a while resting on my more or less laurels (past listings) it's time to get a move on and put up some more listings. My goal is five books every day from now on. This should be achievable, but not according to my past performance.
These books get listed in three places: on Amazon, Biblio, and Half. Books without ISBNs (older books) generally will not be listed on half. My prices might vary between these three places. Amazon and Half tell me competing prices, so I peg mine on them. Thus, if the lowest price for Deadly Percheron is $98 on Amazon, I might peg mine at $95. If it weren't my only copy maybe I'd be more reasonable. In fact, I think my Biblio listing is more reasonable.
Going forward (and possibly backward), links to titles of books will send you to the main Amazon listing. My listing will be somewhere amidst the other maybe 237 listings. This is where my photo of the book can be seen, which will probably be a better one than the one Amazon features. Half doesn't let me attach my own photo—at least I don't think it does. Photos are also at biblio. Lots of older listings still don't have photos. Nor updated prices.
I've been lousy at selling direct via email. Sorry about that, if you've tried me. Listing through the major portals keeps me honest—also prompt and reliable.
Monday, October 20, 2003
CEMETERY DANCE #46, '03, (Garton, Tony Richards, Sarrantonio, Tessier), new 5.00
---Info on this issue not up yet as of this writing, but probably soon. Previous issues can be accessed, and many of them I still have available.
VanderMeer, Jeff & Mark Roberts (eds) The Thackery T. Lambshead Pocket Guide to Eccentric and Discredited Diseases, Night Shade '03, 1st edn, (the outlandish, the sublime, and the hysterically funny), new in dj 24.00
---Word from Night Shade:
"Hey all, a quick update for you.
Bubba Ho-Tep is now shipping. It's almost sold out, and we expect it to be completely gone within a week or so.
Last week we started shipping the trade hardcover edition of The Thackery T. Lambshead Pocket Guide to Eccentric and Discredited Diseases, and you know you want some of that! Look for the limited in November.
The Stormwatcher is also shipping. Published only as a trade paperback in the UK, the Night Shade edition marks the first US and first hardcover edition of this book!
Other recent titles are:
Midnight Sun : The Collected Stories of Kane (Karl Edward Wagner). The trade is shipping, and we're getting the limiteds out as fast as we can. We've shipped about a third, with the rest to ship soon.
IN & OZ, by Steve Tomasula. The newest Ministry of Whimsy title.
The Empress of Mars, by Kage Baker. The limited has shipped, and the lettered should start shipping in a few weeks.
And next week, look for the limited of Red World of Polaris to begin shipping. The lettered will ship in a few weeks.
That's about it for now, but that should be plenty for anyone! We'll be at the World Fantasy Convention in Washington D.C. over Halloween weekend, so if you're going to be there, stop by and say hi.
Night Shade Books
---I have the Kage Baker, the Tomasula, the Graham Joyce, Midnight Sun and the Disease Guide in stock now. It sounds like Bubba Ho-Tep and Red World of Polaris should arrive soon. As of the present moment, I believe I only have one copy of Red World of Polaris unspoken for and it was sold out pre-publication--so it looks like that won’t even achieve a listing in my e-catalog, much less the phantom printed version.
- Bach ST. MATTHEW PASSION IN ENGLISH (3CD)
- Burnt Sugar/The Arkestra Chamber BLOOD ON THE LEAF: Opus No. 1 (Xgau: A Minus)
- ► 2014 (14)
- ► 2009 (20)
- ► 2008 (65)
- ► 2007 (144)
- ► 2006 (156)
- ► 2005 (197)
- ► 2004 (301)
- 10/27/03 MON: ---Just edited the 08/20/03 post to...
- 10/26/03 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- 10/25/03 SAT: ---Just received this word from Gau...
- 10/24/03 FRI: ---Text to follow?
- 10/23/03 THU: ---I just edited the 09/25/03 entr...
- 10/22/03 WED: ---Text to follow?
- 10/21/03 TUE: ---Text to follow?
- 10/20/03 MON: ---I just put up the entry for last...
- 10/19/03 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- 10/18/03 SAT: ---Word from Golden Gryphon: “Gree...
- 10/17/03 FRI: ---Text to follow?
- 10/16/03 THU: ---Text to follow?
- 10/15/03 WED: ---Here today: CEMETERY DANCE #46,...
- 10/14/03 TUE: ---Text to follow?
- 10/13/03 MON: ---Columbus Day post-office closing...
- 10/12/03 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- 10/11/03 SAT: ---Text to follow?
- 10/10/03 FRI: ---Text to follow?
- 10/09/03 THU: ---Text to follow?
- 10/08/03 WED: ---Rec’d a solicitation from Meish...
- 10/07/03 TUE: ---Word from Meisha Merlin: "Dear ...
- 10/06/03 MON: ---Spent much of the day in endosco...
- 10/05/03 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- 10/04/03 SAT: ---Text to follow?
- 10/03/03 FRI: ---Text to follow?
- 10/02/03 THU: ---Text to follow?
- 10/01/03 WED: ---Text to follow?
- 09/30/03 TUE: ---It looks like maybe my computer ...
- ▼ October (28)