After quite a while resting on my more or less laurels (past listings) it's time to get a move on and put up some more listings. My goal is five books every day from now on. This should be achievable, but not according to my past performance.
These books get listed in three places: on Amazon, Biblio, and Half. Books without ISBNs (older books) generally will not be listed on half. My prices might vary between these three places. Amazon and Half tell me competing prices, so I peg mine on them. Thus, if the lowest price for Deadly Percheron is $98 on Amazon, I might peg mine at $95. If it weren't my only copy maybe I'd be more reasonable. In fact, I think my Biblio listing is more reasonable.
Going forward (and possibly backward), links to titles of books will send you to the main Amazon listing. My listing will be somewhere amidst the other maybe 237 listings. This is where my photo of the book can be seen, which will probably be a better one than the one Amazon features. Half doesn't let me attach my own photo—at least I don't think it does. Photos are also at biblio. Lots of older listings still don't have photos. Nor updated prices.
I've been lousy at selling direct via email. Sorry about that, if you've tried me. Listing through the major portals keeps me honest—also prompt and reliable.
Tuesday, September 16, 2003
---Rec’d an email from Gauntlet soliciting orders for:
“RICHARD MATHESON'S KOLCHAK SCRIPTS NOW AT THE PRINTER
FOR LATE-NOVEMBER PUBLICATION
We are now taking orders for Richard Matheson's Kolchak Scripts which is at the printers for a late-November release. The 408 page 8 x 11 book includes three never before published Kolchak scripts penned by Matheson: "The Night Stalker" and "The Night Strangler" ABC-TV Movies of the Week which led to the Kolchak series, and "The Night Killers" which was to be a third Movie of the Week and remains optioned by Dan Curtis. Acclaimed Kolchak chronicler Mark Dawidziak edited the book and spoke with, among others, Matheson, Dan Curtis, Kolchak creator Jeff Rice and co-author of "The Night Killers" William F. Nolan. X-Files creator Chris Carter provides an afterword. The book includes over 30 illustrations (many of them never-before published from the archives of Dan Curtis and private collectors). The lettered edition contains an additional 8 never-before published illustrations.
The book comes in two states:
500 copy signed numbered edition (signed by Matheson)
52 copy lettered edition (signed by Matheson, Dan Curtis, William F. Nolan and editor Mark Dawidziak). The book will be housed in a lavish tri-fold traycase (similar to that used for PRIDE) and will contain a copy of a page from "The Night Killers" script signed by Matheson. Each lettered edition will contain a DIFFERENT page from the script, adding to its collectibility.
We had to negotiate the rights to publish this book with ABC-TV (among others) and can publish no more than the 500 numbered and 52 lettered copies. Kolchak fans have already purchased a portio of our print run.”
---Cost of the numbered edition is $150 or $125 if pre-ordered. The lettered edition is $750 (get from publisher, or try me with a $25 discount).
- Purcell SONNATAS OF III PARTS Volumes 2 & 3 (2CD)
- Johannes Ockeghem MISSA AU TRAVAIL SUIS
- ► 2014 (14)
- ► 2009 (20)
- ► 2008 (65)
- ► 2007 (144)
- ► 2006 (156)
- ► 2005 (197)
- ► 2004 (301)
- 09/29/03 MON: ---Hopefully my guilty conscience a...
- 09/28/03 SUN: ---Picked up three heavy boxes of b...
- 09/27/03 SAT: ---Text to follow?
- 09/26/03 FRI: ---Text to follow?
- 09/25/03 THU: ---Books from Ash-Tree now here: H...
- 09/24/03 WED: ---Text to follow?
- 09/23/03 TUE: ---Text to follow?
- 09/22/03 MON: ---CD COMP 8: You Dropped A Bomb On ...
- 09/21/03 SUN: ---Interesting to see Neil’s pictur...
- 09/20/03 SAT: ---Text to follow?
- 09/19/03 FRI: ---Emailing from Night Shade on sta...
- 09/18/03 THU: ---Text to follow?
- 09/17/03 WED: ---Getting ready to send an order t...
- 09/16/03 TUE: ---I just googled myself and see th...
- 09/15/03 MON: ---Here today: Tomasula, Steve IN ...
- 09/14/03 SUN: ---Rec’d an email from Gauntlet sol...
- 09/13/03 SAT: ---Rec’d an email solicitation from...
- 09/12/03 FRI: ---Am posting entry for 08/26/03 no...
- 09/11/03 THU: ---Text to follow?
- 09/10/03 WED: ---Text to follow?
- 09/09/03 TUE: ---I am now posting a measly entry ...
- 09/08/03 MON: ---Text to follow?
- 09/07/03 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- 09/06/03 SAT: ---Text to follow?
- 09/05/03 FRI: ---Text to follow?
- 09/04/03 THU: ---Text to follow?
- 09/03/03 WED: ---Catalogued today: Gaiman, Neil ...
- 09/02/03 TUE: ---Text to follow?
- 09/01/03 MON: ---Text to follow?
- 08/31/03 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- ▼ September (30)