After quite a while resting on my more or less laurels (past listings) it's time to get a move on and put up some more listings. My goal is five books every day from now on. This should be achievable, but not according to my past performance.
These books get listed in three places: on Amazon, Biblio, and Half. Books without ISBNs (older books) generally will not be listed on half. My prices might vary between these three places. Amazon and Half tell me competing prices, so I peg mine on them. Thus, if the lowest price for Deadly Percheron is $98 on Amazon, I might peg mine at $95. If it weren't my only copy maybe I'd be more reasonable. In fact, I think my Biblio listing is more reasonable.
Going forward (and possibly backward), links to titles of books will send you to the main Amazon listing. My listing will be somewhere amidst the other maybe 237 listings. This is where my photo of the book can be seen, which will probably be a better one than the one Amazon features. Half doesn't let me attach my own photo—at least I don't think it does. Photos are also at biblio. Lots of older listings still don't have photos. Nor updated prices.
I've been lousy at selling direct via email. Sorry about that, if you've tried me. Listing through the major portals keeps me honest—also prompt and reliable.
Tuesday, September 16, 2003
Tomasula, Steve IN & OZ, Ministry of Whimsy/Night Shade '03, new in dj 25.00
Wagner, Karl Edward MIDNIGHT SUN: The Complete Stories of Kane, Night Shade '03, 1st edn, (companion to Gods In Darkness, which collects the novels), new in dj 35.00
---My 54th birthday is today. I celebrated by running eight miles. I started out thinking it would be the usual five-miler, but I got an early start and the morning was cooler and crisper than it has been in a long time, so I decided to stretch it to my current longer run of 6.5 miles, turning around at the quarter-mile marker by the Saylorville-Lake marina. And coming back I decided to bypass the turnoff for home and run three more quarter-mile markers, adding yet another 1.5 miles. I figured I better try to stretch out the run so I would be sure to take a day off tomorrow. These nice fall days it is hard to go down into the cellar to work. Much easier to go for a run.
- Cedell Davis and Friends WHEN LIGHTNIN’ STRUCK THE PINE (Xgau: B Plus)
- Duke Ellington and Ray Brown THIS ONE’S FOR BLANTON (Xgau: A Minus)
- ► 2014 (14)
- ► 2009 (20)
- ► 2008 (65)
- ► 2007 (144)
- ► 2006 (156)
- ► 2005 (197)
- ► 2004 (301)
- 09/29/03 MON: ---Hopefully my guilty conscience a...
- 09/28/03 SUN: ---Picked up three heavy boxes of b...
- 09/27/03 SAT: ---Text to follow?
- 09/26/03 FRI: ---Text to follow?
- 09/25/03 THU: ---Books from Ash-Tree now here: H...
- 09/24/03 WED: ---Text to follow?
- 09/23/03 TUE: ---Text to follow?
- 09/22/03 MON: ---CD COMP 8: You Dropped A Bomb On ...
- 09/21/03 SUN: ---Interesting to see Neil’s pictur...
- 09/20/03 SAT: ---Text to follow?
- 09/19/03 FRI: ---Emailing from Night Shade on sta...
- 09/18/03 THU: ---Text to follow?
- 09/17/03 WED: ---Getting ready to send an order t...
- 09/16/03 TUE: ---I just googled myself and see th...
- 09/15/03 MON: ---Here today: Tomasula, Steve IN ...
- 09/14/03 SUN: ---Rec’d an email from Gauntlet sol...
- 09/13/03 SAT: ---Rec’d an email solicitation from...
- 09/12/03 FRI: ---Am posting entry for 08/26/03 no...
- 09/11/03 THU: ---Text to follow?
- 09/10/03 WED: ---Text to follow?
- 09/09/03 TUE: ---I am now posting a measly entry ...
- 09/08/03 MON: ---Text to follow?
- 09/07/03 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- 09/06/03 SAT: ---Text to follow?
- 09/05/03 FRI: ---Text to follow?
- 09/04/03 THU: ---Text to follow?
- 09/03/03 WED: ---Catalogued today: Gaiman, Neil ...
- 09/02/03 TUE: ---Text to follow?
- 09/01/03 MON: ---Text to follow?
- 08/31/03 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- ▼ September (30)