After quite a while resting on my more or less laurels (past listings) it's time to get a move on and put up some more listings. My goal is five books every day from now on. This should be achievable, but not according to my past performance.
These books get listed in three places: on Amazon, Biblio, and Half. Books without ISBNs (older books) generally will not be listed on half. My prices might vary between these three places. Amazon and Half tell me competing prices, so I peg mine on them. Thus, if the lowest price for Deadly Percheron is $98 on Amazon, I might peg mine at $95. If it weren't my only copy maybe I'd be more reasonable. In fact, I think my Biblio listing is more reasonable.
Going forward (and possibly backward), links to titles of books will send you to the main Amazon listing. My listing will be somewhere amidst the other maybe 237 listings. This is where my photo of the book can be seen, which will probably be a better one than the one Amazon features. Half doesn't let me attach my own photo—at least I don't think it does. Photos are also at biblio. Lots of older listings still don't have photos. Nor updated prices.
I've been lousy at selling direct via email. Sorry about that, if you've tried me. Listing through the major portals keeps me honest—also prompt and reliable.
Wednesday, February 4, 2004
---Word from Golden Gryphon about a new one it looks like should be here soon:
“Greetings from the Gryphon:
TWO TRAINS RUNNING, by Lucius Shepard, is now available!
In early 1998, Lucius Shepard – winner of the Nebula, Hugo, and World
Fantasy Awards – embarked on a new journey, riding the rails throughout
the western half of the United States, his “neighbors” the disenfranchised,
the homeless, the punks, the gangs, and, yes, even the joy riders. He then
gathered together these facts, along with rumors and innuendoes, and
melded them into his fiction, thus creating this unique collection of fact and
fiction entitled Two Trains Running. In addition to the original Spin Op-Ed
piece, this volume also contains two novellas written in Shepard’s award-
winning inimitable style: “Over Yonder” and “Jailbait,” published here for the
In “Over Yonder,” suffering alcoholic Billy Long Gone chases a stranger,
who supposedly stole his dog, onto a black train – a train like no other Billy
had ever seen or rode: a living train. The train passes through strange,
arabesque, monster-infested landscapes as it journeys to Yonder – a likely
paradise where a few hundred hobos live within the confines of a majestic
tree in apparent peace and tranquillity. But every paradise has its price,
and in Yonder, peace and tranquillity breeds complacency and . . . startling
A hardcore tale of deception, lust, revenge, and murder, “Jailbait” takes
us into the seedy underbelly of rail yards and train hopping: Madcat, who
functions best in a whiskey-induced haze, must decide between solitude
and companionship when he meets up with Grace, an under-aged runaway.
Two Trains Running
by Lucius Shepard
cover art by John Picacio
ISBN 1-930846-23-1 / $22.95 (Trade hardcover)
I haven't received a catalog or email update from you in a while now, so
I was wondering if you are planning to sell exclusively through Biblio.
You have been one my favorite book sources, and I'd like to keep
ordering from you, but I was not sure if I should try the Biblio site or
wait for a catalog or email listing from you.”
“I am really trying to get print catalogs back going. I only have a portion of my inventory up on biblio.com so far and there is not as easy to browse through everything as a print catalog, I don't believe. Plus so many people don't want the expense and bother of email, and I can hardly blame them with all the spam and worms out there. I will send you my latest Recent Arrival printout (10 pages presently). It might be a little much to paste into this email. Check out my weblog for more recent things incoming. Also, I should be sending out an email update with a quick rundown of what has arrived since last update. If you are not in my mailing list for that, let me know if you want to be there."
- Kinks SLEEPWALKER (vinyl from 1978) (Xgau: B)
- Henry Purcell AIRS & DUETS with Lyrichord Early Music Bonus CD (2CD)
- ► 2014 (14)
- ► 2009 (20)
- ► 2008 (65)
- ► 2007 (144)
- ► 2006 (156)
- ► 2005 (197)
- 02/26/04 THU: ---Added the listings for Gryphon b...
- 02/25/04 WED: ---Reading on-line: When John Kerry...
- 02/24/04 TUE: ---Getting slower and slower at put...
- 02/23/04 MON: ---Back in stock from Hippocampus: ...
- 02/22/04 SUN: ---Disc Log: - Big Youth NATTY UN...
- 02/21/04 SAT: ---Disc Log: - Lester Young KEN B...
- 02/20/04 FRI: ---Big meltdown of all the snow lat...
- 02/19/04 THU: ---Here today from Golden Gryphon: ...
- 02/18/04 WED: ---Am checking on possibly special-...
- 02/17/04 TUE: ---Here today from Darkside Press: ...
- 02/16/04 MON: ---Books from Tachyon: Swanwick, Mic...
- 02/15/04 SUN: ---Text to follow?
- 02/14/04 SAT: ---Found a couple spots for footpri...
- 02/13/04 FRI: ---Here today from Meisha Merlin: ...
- 02/12/04 THU: ---Here today from NESFA: Myers, J...
- 02/11/04 WED: ---Readied a new set of package ins...
- 02/10/04 TUE: ---Batch of books here from Old Ear...
- 02/09/04 MON: ---Here today from Sarob Press: Mir...
- 02/08/04 SUN: ---Text to follow!
- 02/07/04 SAT: ---A little ways through the catalo...
- 02/06/04 FRI: ---Another morning begun with a ses...
- 02/05/04 FRI: ---I just edited the 01/29/04 post ...
- 02/04/04 WED: ---Edited 01/19/04 post, listing bo...
- 02/03/04 TUE: ---Word from Golden Gryphon about a...
- 02/02/04 MON: ---Email sent (reply to someone in ...
- 02/01/04 Super(bowl) Sunday: ---Heard from Neil. ...
- ▼ February (26)
- ► 2003 (325)