After quite a while resting on my more or less laurels (past listings) it's time to get a move on and put up some more listings. My goal is five books every day from now on. This should be achievable, but not according to my past performance.
These books get listed in three places: on Amazon, Biblio, and Half. Books without ISBNs (older books) generally will not be listed on half. My prices might vary between these three places. Amazon and Half tell me competing prices, so I peg mine on them. Thus, if the lowest price for Deadly Percheron is $98 on Amazon, I might peg mine at $95. If it weren't my only copy maybe I'd be more reasonable. In fact, I think my Biblio listing is more reasonable.
Going forward (and possibly backward), links to titles of books will send you to the main Amazon listing. My listing will be somewhere amidst the other maybe 237 listings. This is where my photo of the book can be seen, which will probably be a better one than the one Amazon features. Half doesn't let me attach my own photo—at least I don't think it does. Photos are also at biblio. Lots of older listings still don't have photos. Nor updated prices.
I've been lousy at selling direct via email. Sorry about that, if you've tried me. Listing through the major portals keeps me honest—also prompt and reliable.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Saturday, July 25, 2009
- Whittington, Harry TO FIND CORA / LIKE MINK LIKE MURDER / BODY AND PASSION, Stark House Noir Classics, 6/09, (David Laurence Wilson intro; bibliography), new 19.95 [view covershot with back cover depicted as well as front]
- SPACE AND TIME #107: The Magazine of Fantasy, Horror, and Science Fiction, sum/09, (Drago, Arrelle, Turzillo; Part One of Peter S. Beagle interview) • ---#108, fall/09, (Edelman, Jeshonek, Krasnoff; Part Two of Peter S. Beagle interview), new each, 5.00 [looks like I forgot to catalog #107 when it first came in -- I wonder how much else I've missed]
- TALEBONES: Science Fiction & Dark Fantasy #38, sum/09, (Kowal, Edelman, Russo, Hibert, etc.), new 7.00
- CEMETERY DANCE #61, '09, (The Magazine of Horor and Suspense; Peter Straub special issue), new 5.00
- Harvey, William Fryer THE DOUBLE EYE, Tartarus '09, 1st, (brings together all thirty of author's uncanny tales, and his curious Introduction to Moods and Tenses; a feast of thrills, chills and uneasy entertainment for lovers of the supernatural story; Richard Dalby intro), new in dj 55.00
- Russo, Patricia HEARTS STARVE, A Not One of Us Special Publication, 7/09, (stories; 62 pages of small but readable type), booklet, new 3.50
- Moore, C.L. MIRACLE IN THREE DIMENSIONS and Other Stories, Howling Wolf/Isle, (Lost Pulp Classics #1; these nine stories have been virtually unpublished since their original appearance in the pulp magazines of the 30's and 40's), new 16.95
- Long, Frank Belknap THE HORROR FROM THE HILLS, Isle, 3/09, (Lost Pulp Classics #2; reproduces the text of the Arkham House edition), new 12.95
---The above, of course, are subject to discount, mostly 20%. (Tartarus: 15%). Rule of thumb: small press items are 20%; major publishers and major-distributed smalls (which it looks like I've about quit taking in new): 30%. Still plenty of back-stock though, a lot of it LOP (long out of print), some highly-priced by other sellers these days. Books still listed as "new" twenty or twenty-five years later you might be surprised to find still in the same condition as when it arrived here. (All books are stored in plastic and not those mylar dj covers -- causing wrinkling and don't protect from dust and humidity)... but I don't like to go on about such stuff, preferring performance to do the talking.)
Thursday, July 23, 2009
- new to catalog listings: http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AWEibLysF4dKZGc0anB4YnRfOGRqcXc4NQ&hl=en
- hardcovers a - k: http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AWEibLysF4dKZGc0anB4YnRfNGo0d3RzNg&hl=en
- hardcovers l - z: http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AWEibLysF4dKZGc0anB4YnRfMTVmcnZ6azRkcg&hl=en
- misc. softcovers a - k: http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AWEibLysF4dKZGc0anB4YnRfM2R2NGJnbg&hl=en
- misc. softcovers l - z: http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AWEibLysF4dKZGc0anB4YnRfMTZwZDY1cXRkZA&hl=en
- pbs a - del rey: http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AWEibLysF4dKZGc0anB4YnRfNmZ0Y3I5NA&hl=en
- pbs dell - z: http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AWEibLysF4dKZGc0anB4YnRfN2M4OXFuNg&hl=en
- double paperbacks: http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AWEibLysF4dKZGc0anB4YnRfMWZoc3JmOQ&hl=en
- drumm booklets: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=py6NHxxVWmZ7rRqDTYLtLEQ
- ► 2014 (14)
- ▼ 2009 (20)
- ► 2008 (65)
- ► 2007 (144)
- ► 2006 (156)
- ► 2005 (197)
- ► 2004 (301)
- ► 2003 (325)