- Cook, W. Paul THE WANDERING LIFE OF A YANKEE PRINTER, Hippocampus ('07), 1st edn, (selected writings by and about W. Paul Cook, friend and publisher of H.P. Lovecraft; Sean Donnelly [ed]), new 15.00
- Hall, Leland / Young, Francis Brett SINISTER HOUSE / COLD HARBOUR, Hippocampus ('08), 1st edn, (Two Complete Novels, bound dos à dos; in Lovecraft's Library series; S.T. Joshi intros), new 15.00
- Joshi, S.T. & Rosemary Pardoe (eds) WARNINGS TO THE CURIOUS: A Sheaf of Criticism on M.R. James, Hippocampus ('07), 1st edn, (features a wealth of material old and new about the scholarly author and his supernatural writing; includes memoirs of James by such friends as Stephen Gaselee and Shane Leslie, and early criticism by H. P. Lovecraft, Mary Butts, and others), new 20.00
- Lovecraft, H.P. COLLECTED ESSAYS Volumes 1-5, Hippocampus ('08), (incorporates not only the text of the entire five volumes, with annotations, bibliographical citations, and introductions, but also the complete texts of Lovecraft's own journal The Conservative, plus actual scans of the entire run of the journal; fully searchable with hyperlinks), CD-ROM disc, new 65.00
- LOVECRAFT ANNUAL No. 1 & No. 2, Hippocampus '07-'08, (New Scholarship Plus Reviews and Briefly Noted; S.T. Joshi [ed]), new each, 15.00
- Miniter, Edith DEAD HOUSES and Other Works, Hippocampus ('08), 1st edn, (friend of H.P. Lovecraft; collects author's finest short fiction; includes essays about her life and work by Lovecraft and other of her contemporaries, as well as modern scholarship on Mrs. Miniter – revealing her as a fascinating emblem of a vanished period in literature; Kennth W. Faig, Jr. & Sean Donnelly [eds]; 380 pages), new 15.00
- Searight, Franklyn LAIR OF THE DREAMER: A Cthulhu Mythos Omnibus, Hippocampus ('07), 1st edn, (included in this long overdue single-author collection is his unpublished Mythos novel, Lair of the Dreamer, along with his posthumous collaboration with his father, “The Mists of Death”; Robert M. Price [ed]), new 20.00
- Sidney-Fryer, Donald THE ATLANTIS FRAGMENTS: The Trilogy of Songs and Sonnets Atlantean, Hippocampus ('08), 1st thus, (poems of an unearthly beauty; this massive, 550-page poetry omnibus is the most elaborate book ever published by Hippocampus -- its color frontispiece, printed end papers, profusion of interior illustrations, Smythe sewn signatures and illustrated dust wrapper destine it to be a collector’s item; limited edition of 300 copies), new in dj 55.00
- Smith, Clark Ashton THE HASHISH-EATER, Hippocampus ('08), 1st thus, (expanded edition of Donald Sidney-Fryer's rare scholarly work, an annotated version of CAS's epic poem in variant texts; significant related writings and a letter by CAS; exhaustive commentary), with bonus audio CD of Sidney-Fryer dramatically reading the poem, new 15.00
- Thomas, Jonathan MIDNIGHT CALL and Other Stories, Hippocampus ('08), 1st edn, (bizarre conceptions by a powerful new writer of weird, horrific, and supernatural fiction; foreword by S.T. Joshi), new 15.00
After quite a while resting on my more or less laurels (past listings) it's time to get a move on and put up some more listings. My goal is five books every day from now on. This should be achievable, but not according to my past performance.
These books get listed in three places: on Amazon, Biblio, and Half. Books without ISBNs (older books) generally will not be listed on half. My prices might vary between these three places. Amazon and Half tell me competing prices, so I peg mine on them. Thus, if the lowest price for Deadly Percheron is $98 on Amazon, I might peg mine at $95. If it weren't my only copy maybe I'd be more reasonable. In fact, I think my Biblio listing is more reasonable.
Going forward (and possibly backward), links to titles of books will send you to the main Amazon listing. My listing will be somewhere amidst the other maybe 237 listings. This is where my photo of the book can be seen, which will probably be a better one than the one Amazon features. Half doesn't let me attach my own photo—at least I don't think it does. Photos are also at biblio. Lots of older listings still don't have photos. Nor updated prices.
I've been lousy at selling direct via email. Sorry about that, if you've tried me. Listing through the major portals keeps me honest—also prompt and reliable.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
new arrivals from Hippocampus
- ► 2014 (14)
- ► 2009 (20)
- ▼ December (5)
- ► 2007 (144)
- ► 2006 (156)
- ► 2005 (197)
- ► 2004 (301)
- ► 2003 (325)