- Ace Double D-427 Williams, Robert Moore WORLD OF THE MASTERMINDS / TO THE END OF TIME and Other Stories, ('60), (PBOs), vg-f 7.50
- Pyramid F829 Brunner, John THE DREAMING EARTH, 2/63, (PBO; The planet was overcrowded - until people started vanishing into thin air!), vg 3.00
- Ballantine U2219 Brunner, John THE WHOLE MAN, 8/64, (PBO; He was a menace - the ultimate power in controlled telepathy!), vg-f 5.00
- Ace D-530 Williams, Robert Moore THE DAY THEY H-BOMBED LOS ANGELES, ('61), (PBO; The coming of the zombies - pitiful handful of survivors), vg (binding a bit askew, otherwise vg-f) 8.00
- Signet P3113 Brunner, John THE PRODUCTIONS OF TIME, 2/67, (PBO; A sadistic playwright's avant-garde theater thrusts a troupe of actors into an experiment in programmed perversion), g-vg $2; vg (small price label) 3.00
- Ace F- 350 Bradley, Marion Zimmer STAR OF DANGER, ('65), (PBO; Darkover; He ventured where expert spacemen never dared), g-vg $2; vg (small price label) 3.50
- Ace F- 303 Bradley, Marion Zimmer THE BLOODY SUN, ('64), (PBO; Darkover; The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home strange), vg $4; vg+ 5.00
- Ace pb 84601 Carr, Terry (ed) UNIVERSE 2, ('72), (PBO; all-new stories; Ellison, Wolfe, Lafferty, Silverberg, etc.), g-vg 2.50 (no link to covershot on this one - evidently I missed snapping this)
- Ballantine 72019 Brunner, John DOUBLE, DOUBLE, 1/69, (PBO), g-vg $1; vg-f 3.00
- Belmont Double 00081 Brunner, John / Duncan, Bruce FATHER OF LIES / MIRROR IMAGE, 10/68, (PBOs; Which is the real world? / ...And who are the real men?), vg 5.00
- Lessing, Doris STORIES, Vintage, 4/80, (major collection; contains all of author's short fiction by 1978, other than the stories set in Africa), vg 5.00
- Twain, Mark THE UNABRIDGED MARK TWAIN 1 & 2, Running Press, 11th & 6th printings, (contains every major piece of fiction by Twain; 1289 & 1118 pages), the pair, g-vg & vg 12.00
- Wodehouse, P.G. NOTHING BUT WODEHOUSE, Garden City/Book Club, nd, (three wildly hilarious volumes in one; Ogden Nash [ed]), vg in dj 6.00
- Craig, Patricia (ed) THE OXFORD BOOK OF ENGLISH DETECTIVE STORIES, Oxford '90, (gathers together a wide range of stories, many unfamiliar; the cream of crime; 554 pages), vg+ in dj 8.00
- Naipaul, V.S. THE RETURN OF EVA PERON, Knopf '80, 1st edn, (with The Killings in Trinidad; essays), vg in dj 10.00
- London, Jack STORIES: The Call of the Wild, The Cruise of the Dazzler and Other Stories of Adventure, Platt & Munk Great Writers Collection ('60), (with the Author's Special Report: Gold Hunters of the North; 528 pages), g (solid, clean) 4.00
- Williamson, Jack THREE FROM THE LEGION, SFBC, nd (code J47 on p535), (collects The Legion of Space, The Cometeers & One Against the Legion; 536 pages), "Things to Come" (12/79) leaflet laid in, vg+ in vg dj 7.00
- Drew, Wayland THE ERTHRING CYCLE, SFBC, nd (code Q35 on p656), (3-in-1 omnibus edn; collects The Memoirs of Alcheringia, The Gaian Expedient & The Master of Norriya; 659 pages), vg+ in dj 5.00
After quite a while resting on my more or less laurels (past listings) it's time to get a move on and put up some more listings. My goal is five books every day from now on. This should be achievable, but not according to my past performance.
These books get listed in three places: on Amazon, Biblio, and Half. Books without ISBNs (older books) generally will not be listed on half. My prices might vary between these three places. Amazon and Half tell me competing prices, so I peg mine on them. Thus, if the lowest price for Deadly Percheron is $98 on Amazon, I might peg mine at $95. If it weren't my only copy maybe I'd be more reasonable. In fact, I think my Biblio listing is more reasonable.
Going forward (and possibly backward), links to titles of books will send you to the main Amazon listing. My listing will be somewhere amidst the other maybe 237 listings. This is where my photo of the book can be seen, which will probably be a better one than the one Amazon features. Half doesn't let me attach my own photo—at least I don't think it does. Photos are also at biblio. Lots of older listings still don't have photos. Nor updated prices.
I've been lousy at selling direct via email. Sorry about that, if you've tried me. Listing through the major portals keeps me honest—also prompt and reliable.
Monday, September 22, 2008
new catalog listings
- ► 2014 (14)
- ► 2009 (20)
- ▼ September (7)
- ► 2007 (144)
- ► 2006 (156)
- ► 2005 (197)
- ► 2004 (301)
- ► 2003 (325)